August 11, 2020
In this Issue:
- Save the Date: Consumer Voice Virtual Conference
- Next Steps to Oppose Immunity: Sign Our Petition
- New Products Available - Including Face Masks
- Consumer Voice Seeking Fall Interns
Save the Date: Consumer Voice Virtual Conference
Join us December 14-16, 2020 as we go virtual for the 2020 Consumer Voice Conference! Expert speakers, the most up-to-date policy information, best practices shared from across the country, and networking with a community of other long-term care advocates - our virtual conference will include the same great content you expect from a Consumer Voice Conference with new, unique opportunites to connect online.
Stay tuned for registration information!
Next Steps to Oppose Immunity: Sign Our Petition
More than 1,200 advocates have sent over 3,600 messages asking their members of Congress to strongly oppose the Safe to Work Act, which would remove a nursing home’s liability for all negligent care that harms or results in the death of residents from 2019 until 2024 - including harm totally unrelated to COVID-19. Thank you to all those who lent their voice to this important issue!
If you have not yet, there is still time to urge your members of Congress to say NO to granting immunity to nursing homes and other long-term care facilities. It only takes one minute to send messages using our easy online advocacy tool.
If you have already sent messages to Congress, thank you for your advocacy! Amplify your voice by signing our petition to tell Congress that we will not tolerate care that harms our most vulnerable citizens.
What Else Can You Do?
- Encourage your friends and family to take action - the louder our voice, the stronger our advocacy!
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter where we share resources, stories, updates on long-term care issues, and opportunities for action. Share our posts with your own network.
- Sign up for our Action Network, so you can stay up to date on policies and issues that affect long-term care consumers.
- Share your story of your or your loved one's experience at a long-term care facility during the pandemic.
- Become a Consumer Voice member to join a community of advocates.
- Make a contribution to support Consumer Voice's work on this issue and continued advocacy for quality care and quality of life for all individuals receiving long-term care.
New Products Available - Including Face Masks
The Ombudsman Face Mask is double-layer 2-ply cotton with a filter pocket and is washable and reusable. Available for purchase in packs of 3, 5, and 10.
Pre-order Connection Matters Masks - Masks are currently in pre-production and will ship in several weeks. Available in packs of 3, 5, and 10.
Free Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program Postcard - Direct and easy to carry, this postcard gives information about the Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program and how to find the Ombudsman program in your community. The postcard is printed in color on 8.2"x5.8" card stock. Copies are free to Long-Term Care Ombudsman Programs while supplies last. Email email@example.com for more information on how to get copies.
The postcard is also available for free download in three versions. Programs can personalize the postcards and/or print and share them with residents and family members.
Connection Matters Buttons - Share this year's Residents' Rights Month theme with the 2.5"x2.5" buttons. Available in packs of 20, 50, and 100.
Consumer Voice Seeking Fall Interns
Consumer Voice is seeking interns for the Fall semester. Applications are open for a Graduate/Law Student Public Policy Intern. Consumer Voice internships are an excellent opportunity to learn about long-term care and advocacy while building your portfolio. Application deadline is August 31, 2020. Find more information.